sanofi to reimburse philippines for unused dengue vaccine
Last Updated : GMT 09:07:40
Egypt Today, egypt today
Egypt Today, egypt today
Last Updated : GMT 09:07:40
Egypt Today, egypt today

Sanofi to reimburse Philippines for unused dengue vaccine

Egypt Today, egypt today

Egypt Today, egypt today Sanofi to reimburse Philippines for unused dengue vaccine

French pharmaceutical giant Sanofi is to reimburse the Philippine government
Manila - Egypt Today

French pharmaceutical giant Sanofi is to reimburse the Philippine government for leftover doses of an anti-dengue vaccine whose use was suspended due to health concerns, the two parties said Monday.
The manufacturer said the refund had nothing to do with safety issues and was meant to improve ties with the Philippine health department, which is investigating the deaths of more than a dozen children injected with Dengvaxia.
Philippine regulators stopped the sale and distribution of the drug last month after Sanofi warned the shots could worsen symptoms for vaccinated people who contracted the disease for the first time.
The health department said in a statement it had issued a “demand letter” to the company’s vaccine unit Sanofi Pasteur to refund 1.4 billion pesos (SR104.21 million) for unused supplies of the drug.
“Our decision to reimburse for unused doses is not related to any safety or quality issue with Dengvaxia,” said a statement from Sanofi Pasteur, which did not disclose the agreed amount.
“Rather Sanofi Pasteur hopes that this decision will allow us to be able to work more openly and constructively with the (health department) to address the negative tone toward the dengue vaccine in the Philippines today.”
Philippine authorities have been investigating the deaths of 14 children who were among more than 830,000 given Dengvaxia last year in the world’s first public immunization program against dengue.
After the program began, Sanofi Pasteur released findings in November of a new study that showed Dengvaxia could lead to severe infections in some cases.
The disclosure triggered a public furor, with some parents blaming the vaccine for their children’s deaths and a number of legislators accusing the government of endangering public health.
Health Secretary Francisco Duque has also threatened to sue the company if it had withheld crucial information on the vaccine.
Sanofi Pasteur has maintained that no death has been found to have been caused by Dengvaxia.
“Sanofi Pasteur strongly believes that this tone is due to a misunderstanding of the benefits and risks associated with the dengue vaccine,” its statement said.
It cited “a lack of awareness among the general public, particularly parents of vaccinated children, that the overall benefit of dengue vaccination remains positive in high endemic countries like the Philippines.”

Source:Arabnews

 

egypttoday
egypttoday

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

sanofi to reimburse philippines for unused dengue vaccine sanofi to reimburse philippines for unused dengue vaccine



GMT 09:40 2018 Sunday ,09 December

Rise in temperature, partially cloudy skies

GMT 10:07 2019 Monday ,19 August

Live a calm and distinctive atmosphere

GMT 13:06 2011 Thursday ,17 November

Blatter: Committed to fight against racism

GMT 02:40 2012 Friday ,04 May

Brazil pledges investment fund for Africa

GMT 07:46 2012 Monday ,23 January

Masdar graduate makes Forbes 30 under-30 list

GMT 08:30 2017 Sunday ,27 August

Consumers against random abattoirs

GMT 15:00 2012 Sunday ,09 December

Rapper Rick Ross cancels concert tour

GMT 23:07 2014 Sunday ,02 March

China urges greater wildlife protection efforts

GMT 17:27 2012 Saturday ,14 April

China and Philippines end fishing standoff

GMT 20:04 2014 Wednesday ,01 January

Modern caterpillars feed at higher temperatures

GMT 09:14 2011 Wednesday ,17 August

InterContinental Hotels register strong US growth

GMT 17:45 2012 Friday ,28 December

Edward Sadomba top of Ahly\'s transfer targets

GMT 13:58 2012 Thursday ,17 May

Facebook vs. Google: the epic battle

GMT 14:04 2012 Thursday ,19 January

Fenway victory gardens

GMT 08:42 2012 Monday ,03 September

Pesticides must get environment ministry label

GMT 23:25 2011 Wednesday ,12 October

U.S. House passes FTA with S. Korea

GMT 08:32 2011 Wednesday ,20 July

Global stocks bounce back

GMT 21:45 2011 Saturday ,03 September

Oracle\'s $1.3b verdict against SAP

GMT 08:34 2013 Thursday ,07 March

Ahmed Zakariya to release new single

GMT 14:08 2011 Thursday ,08 December

I\'m proud of my Lebanese roots

GMT 13:48 2014 Wednesday ,28 May

Kuwait PM receives journalism award committee

GMT 09:59 2018 Monday ,15 January

Leinster secure Champions Cup last-eight spot
 
 Egypt Today Facebook,egypt today facebook  Egypt Today Twitter,egypt today twitter Egypt Today Rss,egypt today rss  Egypt Today Youtube,egypt today youtube  Egypt Today Youtube,egypt today youtube

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

egypttoday egypttoday egypttoday egypttoday
egypttoday egypttoday egypttoday
egypttoday
بناية النخيل - رأس النبع _ خلف السفارة الفرنسية _بيروت - لبنان
egypttoday, Egypttoday, Egypttoday