police drop clattenburg ‘racism’ case
Last Updated : GMT 09:07:40
Egypt Today, egypt today
Egypt Today, egypt today
Last Updated : GMT 09:07:40
Egypt Today, egypt today

Police drop Clattenburg ‘racism’ case

Egypt Today, egypt today

Egypt Today, egypt today Police drop Clattenburg ‘racism’ case

London - Arabstoday
British police said on Tuesday they had no plans to continue enquiries into a complaint regarding alleged racist comments by referee Mark Clattenburg towards a Chelsea player because no victim had come forward. The Society of Black Lawyers reported Clattenburg to London’s Metropolitan Police after Chelsea complained to the Football Association the referee used a term understood to have been interpreted as racist towards John Obi Mikel during the 3-2 Premier League defeat by Manchester United on October 28. While the separate FA enquiry is continuing, a police statement said, from their perspective, “the matter cannot currently be investigated”. “An investigation was launched into alleged comments made during a football match between Chelsea FC and Manchester United FC at Stamford Bridge on 28 October 2012,” the statement said. “This follows on from a complaint received by the Metropolitan Police Service on 29 October. “Enquiries were made and no victims have come forward. The matter will remain as a recorded incident. “Without a victim and/or any evidence that any offence has been committed, the matter cannot currently be investigated.” However, the statement added police could look again at the incident. “If the situation changes and a victim and/or evidence to support an allegation of a crime comes to police attention then further enquiries will if appropriate be made,” it read. Before the police made their announcement, Chelsea chairman Bruce Buck gave an interview to Tuesday’s London Evening Standard where he insisted the European champions were not hypocrites for backing captain John Terry while lodging a complaint against Clattenburg. Buck said the London club had a “duty of care” in supporting Terry, who recently completed a four-game domestic ban for racially abusing QPR defender Anton Ferdinand in a match last year. Meanwhile Buck said Chelsea would have been “crucified” if they had not reported the allegations concerning Clattenburg. “Suppose we had tried to sweep this under the rug and said to the various players, ‘Look, it’s not a big deal and the press are going to be all over us, maybe you want to reconsider’. “If that had leaked out, we would’ve really been crucified,” added Buck. Meanwhile Buck refuted oft repeated suggestions that Terry, involved in a number of high-profile incidents, ‘ran’ things at Stamford Bridge rather more effectively than the club’s Russian billionaire owner Roman Abramovich. “Chelsea are not run by John Terry,” Buck said. “I don’t know how I can prove it to you but it’s not true. My club is run by Roman Abramovich.” It was announced on Monday that Clattenburg would miss another round of Premier League matches — the third successive weekend since Chelsea made their complaint that football chiefs have felt it best to keep the 37-year-old official out of the firing line. Reports in the British press indicated the FA’s enquiries into his alleged comments to Mikel could be concluded by the end of this week. From Gulfnews
egypttoday
egypttoday

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

police drop clattenburg ‘racism’ case police drop clattenburg ‘racism’ case



GMT 09:40 2018 Sunday ,09 December

Rise in temperature, partially cloudy skies

GMT 10:07 2019 Monday ,19 August

Live a calm and distinctive atmosphere

GMT 13:06 2011 Thursday ,17 November

Blatter: Committed to fight against racism

GMT 02:40 2012 Friday ,04 May

Brazil pledges investment fund for Africa

GMT 07:46 2012 Monday ,23 January

Masdar graduate makes Forbes 30 under-30 list

GMT 08:30 2017 Sunday ,27 August

Consumers against random abattoirs

GMT 15:00 2012 Sunday ,09 December

Rapper Rick Ross cancels concert tour

GMT 23:07 2014 Sunday ,02 March

China urges greater wildlife protection efforts

GMT 17:27 2012 Saturday ,14 April

China and Philippines end fishing standoff

GMT 20:04 2014 Wednesday ,01 January

Modern caterpillars feed at higher temperatures
 
 Egypt Today Facebook,egypt today facebook  Egypt Today Twitter,egypt today twitter Egypt Today Rss,egypt today rss  Egypt Today Youtube,egypt today youtube  Egypt Today Youtube,egypt today youtube

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

egypttoday egypttoday egypttoday egypttoday
egypttoday egypttoday egypttoday
egypttoday
بناية النخيل - رأس النبع _ خلف السفارة الفرنسية _بيروت - لبنان
egypttoday, Egypttoday, Egypttoday