briton chris bevington named among victims
Last Updated : GMT 09:07:40
Egypt Today, egypt today
Egypt Today, egypt today
Last Updated : GMT 09:07:40
Egypt Today, egypt today

Briton Chris Bevington named among victims

Egypt Today, egypt today

Egypt Today, egypt today Briton Chris Bevington named among victims

Chris Bevington, 41, had worked and lived in Stockholm for 10 years
Stockholm - Arab Today

 The family of a British dad have spoken of their devastation after he was confirmed as a victim of the Stockholm terror attack.

Chris Bevington, 41, was among four people who died when a hijacked beer lorry was driven through a crowd and into a department store in the Swedish capital on Friday.

A Belgian and two Swedes were also killed.
Mr Bevington's father, John, said: "We are all devastated by the untimely and tragic death of our talented, compassionate and caring son Chris.

"A wonderful husband, son, father, brother and close friend to many.

"The family requests absolute privacy at this incredibly difficult time to mourn his passing in peace."

Sky sources said Mr Bevington was director of global partnerships at Spotify and had been based in Stockholm for several years.

Police said the man suspected of carrying out the attack was an asylum seeker who had his residence application rejected and was wanted for deportation.

Officers were unable to find the 39-year-old from Uzbekistan when they were sent to arrest him in February.

The suspect was also said to have "showed sympathies" towards Islamic State and other extremist organisations.

A second person has been detained over the attack, while police have questioned more than 500 people.
Ten of the 15 people injured in the attack remain in hospital, two of them in intensive care.

Earlier, thousands of people gathered in Stockholm's Sergels Torg plaza for a vigil against terrorism.

The plaza, which is close to the spot where the truck crashed into Ahlens department store, has been filled with flowers, flags and other tributes for the victims.

Swedish prime minister Stefan Lofven and Crown Princess Victoria are among those who have paid their respects at the scene of the attack.

Mr Lofven said: "Terrorists want us to be afraid, want us to change our behaviour, want us to not live our lives normally, but that is what we're going to do.

"Terrorists can never defeat Sweden, never."

On Saturday, police chief Dan Eliasson said the man suspected of carrying out the attack was known to security services and confirmed officers found a suspect device in the truck.

Sky sources say the device was a homemade bomb and Swedish media reports that the attacker "burned" himself while trying and failing to detonate the device.

The Uzbek suspect was arrested in the suburb of Marsta, not far from the capital's Arlanda airport, after police were notified of a man who was confused and acting strangely.

source: sky News

egypttoday
egypttoday

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

briton chris bevington named among victims briton chris bevington named among victims



GMT 11:03 2017 Sunday ,13 August

Morabit calls on HM to approve reforms

GMT 13:33 2018 Thursday ,11 January

China factory gate inflation slows to 13-month low

GMT 00:07 2013 Wednesday ,24 July

Festival de la chanson chaâbi : de jeunes talents

GMT 18:43 2015 Saturday ,09 May

Helicopter lost control moments before landing

GMT 19:58 2017 Friday ,28 April

Trump May Delay Border Wall to Get Budget Deal

GMT 09:41 2017 Tuesday ,21 November

Kedwani underlines parliament’s role

GMT 02:29 2017 Sunday ,09 April

UAE movie fans are quick on the download button

GMT 16:15 2018 Sunday ,04 November

Katy Perry covers ‘Dear Evan Hansen’ song

GMT 02:15 2011 Saturday ,29 October

Forecast: \'Unprecedented\' winter storm due

GMT 10:03 2018 Thursday ,20 September

Russian cabinet to consider 2019-2021 draft budget

GMT 07:14 2011 Sunday ,03 July

Railway project goes full steam ahead

GMT 10:21 2012 Tuesday ,06 March

Ahly suffers spate of UAE camp injuries

GMT 04:45 2013 Thursday ,05 September

The end of oil

GMT 13:32 2017 Sunday ,15 January

South Korea prosecutors to decide Monday

GMT 13:34 2011 Tuesday ,12 July

Jordan-Romania ecology initiative launched

GMT 00:56 2013 Tuesday ,26 February

Secret space is where BlackBerry smartphones are born

GMT 12:19 2011 Monday ,18 July

Japan beat usa on penalties to win world cup

GMT 18:30 2011 Thursday ,11 August

1500 Qatar hajj quota this year
 
 Egypt Today Facebook,egypt today facebook  Egypt Today Twitter,egypt today twitter Egypt Today Rss,egypt today rss  Egypt Today Youtube,egypt today youtube  Egypt Today Youtube,egypt today youtube

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

egypttoday egypttoday egypttoday egypttoday
egypttoday egypttoday egypttoday
egypttoday
بناية النخيل - رأس النبع _ خلف السفارة الفرنسية _بيروت - لبنان
egypttoday, Egypttoday, Egypttoday