saudi arabia says ready to welcome over two million pilgrims
Last Updated : GMT 09:07:40
Egypt Today, egypt today
Egypt Today, egypt today
Last Updated : GMT 09:07:40
Egypt Today, egypt today

Saudi Arabia says ready to welcome over two million pilgrims

Egypt Today, egypt today

Egypt Today, egypt today Saudi Arabia says ready to welcome over two million pilgrims

The Saudi authorities said Tuesday
Mina - Egypt Today

The Saudi authorities said Tuesday that they were ready to welcome more than two million Muslims from around the globe for this week's hajj pilgrimage to Islam's holiest sites.
"Our plans have been drawn up on the basis of more than two million pilgrims, including 1.73 million from abroad," interior ministry spokesman General Mansour al-Turki told a news conference.
That would mark an increase compared with last year when 1.86 million pilgrims joined the hajj, which Muslims are required to perform at least once in their life if able to do so.
A security perimeter has been established around Mecca and its surroundings for the event.
Turki said that 400,000 people from inside Saudi Arabia had been refused access to the holy sites for the hajj because they did not have the necessary permits.
Representatives of the hajj and health ministries, the Saudi Red Crescent and the civil defence laid out their plans at the news conference to ensure a smooth pilgrimage.
According to Turki, pilgrims were to begin gathering from Tuesday evening in Mina Valley, near Mecca, to prepare to climb Mount Arafat, considered the climax of the hajj, on Thursday.
"We have taken measures to organise the movement of the crowds in several places where the influx is large," he said.
Turki said that tens of thousands of cameras would help the control crowd.
Two years ago, a huge stampede at the hajj left nearly 2,300 people dead -- the worst catastrophe in the history of the pilgrimage.
Saudi authorities downplayed recent concerns voiced by the World Health Organization about the risk of cholera spreading at the hajj, following the deaths of around 2,000 people in neighbouring Yemen since April.
"We have not recorded any cases of cholera among the pilgrims and, if a case arises, the pilgrim would be isolated from others to avoid it spreading," said a health ministry official.

egypttoday
egypttoday

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

saudi arabia says ready to welcome over two million pilgrims saudi arabia says ready to welcome over two million pilgrims



GMT 09:40 2018 Sunday ,09 December

Rise in temperature, partially cloudy skies

GMT 10:07 2019 Monday ,19 August

Live a calm and distinctive atmosphere

GMT 13:06 2011 Thursday ,17 November

Blatter: Committed to fight against racism

GMT 02:40 2012 Friday ,04 May

Brazil pledges investment fund for Africa

GMT 07:46 2012 Monday ,23 January

Masdar graduate makes Forbes 30 under-30 list

GMT 08:30 2017 Sunday ,27 August

Consumers against random abattoirs

GMT 15:00 2012 Sunday ,09 December

Rapper Rick Ross cancels concert tour

GMT 23:07 2014 Sunday ,02 March

China urges greater wildlife protection efforts

GMT 17:27 2012 Saturday ,14 April

China and Philippines end fishing standoff

GMT 20:04 2014 Wednesday ,01 January

Modern caterpillars feed at higher temperatures

GMT 09:14 2011 Wednesday ,17 August

InterContinental Hotels register strong US growth

GMT 17:45 2012 Friday ,28 December

Edward Sadomba top of Ahly\'s transfer targets

GMT 13:58 2012 Thursday ,17 May

Facebook vs. Google: the epic battle

GMT 14:04 2012 Thursday ,19 January

Fenway victory gardens

GMT 08:42 2012 Monday ,03 September

Pesticides must get environment ministry label

GMT 23:25 2011 Wednesday ,12 October

U.S. House passes FTA with S. Korea

GMT 08:32 2011 Wednesday ,20 July

Global stocks bounce back

GMT 21:45 2011 Saturday ,03 September

Oracle\'s $1.3b verdict against SAP

GMT 08:34 2013 Thursday ,07 March

Ahmed Zakariya to release new single

GMT 14:08 2011 Thursday ,08 December

I\'m proud of my Lebanese roots

GMT 13:48 2014 Wednesday ,28 May

Kuwait PM receives journalism award committee

GMT 09:59 2018 Monday ,15 January

Leinster secure Champions Cup last-eight spot
 
 Egypt Today Facebook,egypt today facebook  Egypt Today Twitter,egypt today twitter Egypt Today Rss,egypt today rss  Egypt Today Youtube,egypt today youtube  Egypt Today Youtube,egypt today youtube

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

egypttoday egypttoday egypttoday egypttoday
egypttoday egypttoday egypttoday
egypttoday
بناية النخيل - رأس النبع _ خلف السفارة الفرنسية _بيروت - لبنان
egypttoday, Egypttoday, Egypttoday