iraqi forces liberated 45 villages from grip of isis
Last Updated : GMT 09:07:40
Egypt Today, egypt today
Egypt Today, egypt today
Last Updated : GMT 09:07:40
Egypt Today, egypt today

As Abadi condemned Arish attack

Iraqi forces liberated 45 villages from grip of ISIS

Egypt Today, egypt today

Egypt Today, egypt today Iraqi forces liberated 45 villages from grip of ISIS

The leadership of the pro-government paramilitary troops
Bagdad - Egypt Today

The leadership of the pro-government paramilitary troops have issued a statement on accomplishments made on the second day of operations to clear al-Jazeera region, which falls between each of Nineveh, Salahuddin and Anbar, the media service said.

“Al-Hashd al-Shaabi (Popular Mobilization Forces), along with the army and Federal Police units, backed by the army jets, resumed the second day of operations to liberate the desert between each of Salahuddin, Anbar and Mosul, reaching to Iraqi-Syrian borders,” the statement said.

Twenty-one Islamic State members, including Arab and foreign militants, were killed, while twenty villages were liberated, it said. Troops managed to gain control on headquarters of the group’s leadership in the depth of the desert as well as a booby-trapping workshop.

Earlier on the day, the mobilization forces’ media said IS members escaped their locations toward the desert depth of desert in Mosul, Salahuddin and Anbar. PMF media said Thursday the forces had cleared 55 villages in al-Jazirah.

The Upper Euphrates and al-Jazeera Combing Operations, previously announced that“army and al-Hashd al-Shaabi [Popular Mobilization Forces] started a wide-scale operation to liberate al-Jazeera regions located between Salahuddin, Nineveh and Anbar.”

Joint troops had managed to free several residential areas in Anbar, Salahuddin, Diyala and Kirkuk from Islamic State, which urged the militants to escape toward Al-Jazeera regions in those provinces.

Iraqi Prime Minister Haidar al-Abadi said during his weekly press briefing on Tuesday that his country has defeated Islamic State over the military level, but will declare final victory after desert areas are purged of militants.

On the other hand, Three civilians were killed as a bomb went off inside a hospital in western Anbar, a paramilitary official said on Saturday.

In remarks to SNG website, Qutri al-Obeidi, a senior leader with al-Hashd al-Shaabi (Popular Mobilization Forces) said, “a bomb from the remnants of IS that was placed inside a hospital in Rawa town, exploded leaving three civilians killed.”

“Security blocked all roads leading to the blast spot and launched a campaign to look for other explosives,” Obeidi said. Iraqi troops managed to gain control on the town of Rawa earlier this month. Violence in the country has surged further with the emergence of Islamic State Sunni extremist militants who proclaimed an “Islamic Caliphate” in Iraq and Syria in 2014.

114 Iraqi civilians were killed, while 244 others were wounded as result of terrorism, violence and armed conflicts, according to a monthly release by the United Nations Assistance Mission for Iraq (UNAMI), issued on Wednesday.

On political side,

Baghdad was the worst affected Governorate, coming in the first place with 177 civilian casualties (38 killed, 139 injured). Anbar province followed with 36 killed and 55 injured, and then Kirkuk with 18 killed and 33 injured.

The Iraqi capital has seen almost daily bombings and armed attacks against security members, paramilitary troops and civilians since the Iraqi government launched a wide-scale campaign to retake Islamic State-occupied areas in 2016.

Iraqi President Fuad Masum has offered condolences to Egypt over the terrorist attack that took place on Friday in Sinai.

In a telegraph, Masum expressed, “deepest feelings of pain and condolences over the loss of the innocent victims due to the terrorist attack against al-Rawda village, west of Arish in Sinai today.”

Masum also expressed solidarity of the Iraqi people with the Egyptian people against terrorist groups. “We highly condemn such crime that violates all religious doctrines and human traditions.”

At least 235 people were killed, while more than 100 others were wounded in a bloody attack as militants bombed and gunned down worshippers as they were finished the Friday prayers, according to Egyptian media reports.

In a televised speech, Sisi said that armed forces and police will take revenge and restore security and stability with the utmost force. “What is happening is an attempt to stop us from our efforts in the fight against terrorism, to destroy our efforts to stop the terrible criminal plan that aims to destroy what is left of our region.”

Egypt has been fighting Islamist insurgency in northern Sinai, which gathered pace after the military overthrew President Mohamed Mursi of the Muslim Brotherhood in 2013 following mass protests.

egypttoday
egypttoday

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

iraqi forces liberated 45 villages from grip of isis iraqi forces liberated 45 villages from grip of isis



GMT 11:03 2017 Sunday ,13 August

Morabit calls on HM to approve reforms

GMT 13:33 2018 Thursday ,11 January

China factory gate inflation slows to 13-month low

GMT 00:07 2013 Wednesday ,24 July

Festival de la chanson chaâbi : de jeunes talents

GMT 18:43 2015 Saturday ,09 May

Helicopter lost control moments before landing

GMT 19:58 2017 Friday ,28 April

Trump May Delay Border Wall to Get Budget Deal

GMT 09:41 2017 Tuesday ,21 November

Kedwani underlines parliament’s role

GMT 02:29 2017 Sunday ,09 April

UAE movie fans are quick on the download button

GMT 16:15 2018 Sunday ,04 November

Katy Perry covers ‘Dear Evan Hansen’ song

GMT 02:15 2011 Saturday ,29 October

Forecast: \'Unprecedented\' winter storm due

GMT 10:03 2018 Thursday ,20 September

Russian cabinet to consider 2019-2021 draft budget

GMT 07:14 2011 Sunday ,03 July

Railway project goes full steam ahead

GMT 10:21 2012 Tuesday ,06 March

Ahly suffers spate of UAE camp injuries

GMT 04:45 2013 Thursday ,05 September

The end of oil

GMT 13:32 2017 Sunday ,15 January

South Korea prosecutors to decide Monday

GMT 13:34 2011 Tuesday ,12 July

Jordan-Romania ecology initiative launched

GMT 00:56 2013 Tuesday ,26 February

Secret space is where BlackBerry smartphones are born

GMT 12:19 2011 Monday ,18 July

Japan beat usa on penalties to win world cup

GMT 18:30 2011 Thursday ,11 August

1500 Qatar hajj quota this year
 
 Egypt Today Facebook,egypt today facebook  Egypt Today Twitter,egypt today twitter Egypt Today Rss,egypt today rss  Egypt Today Youtube,egypt today youtube  Egypt Today Youtube,egypt today youtube

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

egypttoday egypttoday egypttoday egypttoday
egypttoday egypttoday egypttoday
egypttoday
بناية النخيل - رأس النبع _ خلف السفارة الفرنسية _بيروت - لبنان
egypttoday, Egypttoday, Egypttoday