Berlin - XINHUA
Hannover extended contract with coach Mirko Slomka until 2016 as the club said in an official statement on Saturday.
After long speculations, Slomka and Hannover finally agreed to extend the expiring contract until 2016.
"I understand this contract extension by three more years, as a great confidence into my work. I combine my signature with the conviction and confidence to continue the successful development of Hannover," Slomka said on his homepage.
Mirko Slmoka joined Hannover in February 2010. Since then he was able to qualify twice for the UEFA Europa League with Hannover.
In the current Europa League, Hannover remained unbeaten to progress into the round of 32. Hannover sit on 12th position in the Bundesliga standings, five points away from the international business.
45-year-old Slomka will make his 100th match Sunday against Leverkusen in the coaching zone. He recorded 42 victories, 18 draws and 39 defeats in 99 matches for Hannover.