Concord - UPI
Dale Earnhardt Jr. will miss the next two races on the Sprint Cup Series because of a concussion, his racing team said Thursday.
Earnhardt was involved in the 25-car crash at the end of last week\'s NASCAR race in Talladega, Ala., which is apparently where the injury occurred.
Hendrick Motorsports officials said Earnhardt was diagnosed Wednesday with a concussion. He will miss Saturday\'s race in Charlotte, N.C., and the Oct. 21 race in Kansas City, Kan.
Regan Smith will fill in in the No. 88 Chevrolet for both races.
Earnhardt said in 2002 that he drove in several races after suffering a concussion. That admission led NASCAR to change its rules on drivers returning to racing after crashes.
Earnhardt is 11th in the current NASCAR Chase point standings, sitting 51 points behind leader Brad Keselowski.
There are six races left on the Sprint Cup 2012 schedule.