yemenis mark sixyear anniversary of uprising
Last Updated : GMT 09:07:40
Egypt Today, egypt today
Egypt Today, egypt today
Last Updated : GMT 09:07:40
Egypt Today, egypt today

Yemenis mark six-year anniversary of uprising

Egypt Today, egypt today

Egypt Today, egypt today Yemenis mark six-year anniversary of uprising

Yemenis have marked the sixth anniversary of the start of an uprising that ended three decades of rule by President Ali Abdullah
Reuters - ArabToday

Yemenis have marked the sixth anniversary of the start of an uprising that ended three decades of rule by President Ali Abdullah Saleh.
The internationally recognised government of President Abd-Rabbu Mansour Hadi on Saturday declared February 11 the country's National Day, marking the beginning of the Youth Revolution against Saleh's rule.
A statement issued by the civil service ministry said it had been decided that February 11 would be an official holiday for all state institutions. 
However, six years after the start of the uprising, hopes of change in the Arabian Peninsula country have been destroyed by sectarian divisions and a long-running conflict.
"I couldn't have been more proud of the revolution we launched," said Afnan Qaid Alyousufi, an activist from Taiz, in western Yemen.
"Freedom is so precious that we have to continue the fight. The reason why instability continues is that because the world has betrayed us."
On Friday, the UN refugee agency said tens of thousands of people had been displaced by fighting along Yemen's western coastline.
William Spindler, UNHCR spokesperson, said 34,000 people fled their homes after fierce fighting erupted in the port towns of Mokha and Dhubab on the Red Sea.
The majority of the displaced were headed to the outskirts of Taiz, he said.
Houthi warning
Yemeni forces, allied with the Hadi government that is backed by a coalition of mostly Gulf states, have recently seized Mokha and plan to push northward.
For his part, the leader of Yemen's Houthi fighters announced on Friday that his forces have built drones and missiles that will be used against the Arab coalition and would target the Saudi capital.
In a speech aired on Al Masirah TV, Abdel Malik al-Houthi offered no evidence or figures for the number of drones and missiles allegedly manufactured by the rebels but the UAE, which is part of the coalition, has recently accused the Iran of providing the Houthis with drones.
The speech also followed a Houthi claim earlier in the week that they targeted Riyadh with missiles.
There was no immediate comment from Saudi Arabia but a week ago, it said a "suicide gunboat" belonging to the Houthis rammed into one of its frigates in the Red Sea, killing two crew members.

Source: Aljazeera

egypttoday
egypttoday

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

yemenis mark sixyear anniversary of uprising yemenis mark sixyear anniversary of uprising



GMT 11:03 2017 Sunday ,13 August

Morabit calls on HM to approve reforms

GMT 13:33 2018 Thursday ,11 January

China factory gate inflation slows to 13-month low

GMT 00:07 2013 Wednesday ,24 July

Festival de la chanson chaâbi : de jeunes talents

GMT 18:43 2015 Saturday ,09 May

Helicopter lost control moments before landing

GMT 19:58 2017 Friday ,28 April

Trump May Delay Border Wall to Get Budget Deal

GMT 09:41 2017 Tuesday ,21 November

Kedwani underlines parliament’s role

GMT 02:29 2017 Sunday ,09 April

UAE movie fans are quick on the download button

GMT 16:15 2018 Sunday ,04 November

Katy Perry covers ‘Dear Evan Hansen’ song

GMT 02:15 2011 Saturday ,29 October

Forecast: \'Unprecedented\' winter storm due

GMT 10:03 2018 Thursday ,20 September

Russian cabinet to consider 2019-2021 draft budget

GMT 07:14 2011 Sunday ,03 July

Railway project goes full steam ahead

GMT 10:21 2012 Tuesday ,06 March

Ahly suffers spate of UAE camp injuries

GMT 04:45 2013 Thursday ,05 September

The end of oil

GMT 13:32 2017 Sunday ,15 January

South Korea prosecutors to decide Monday

GMT 13:34 2011 Tuesday ,12 July

Jordan-Romania ecology initiative launched

GMT 00:56 2013 Tuesday ,26 February

Secret space is where BlackBerry smartphones are born

GMT 12:19 2011 Monday ,18 July

Japan beat usa on penalties to win world cup

GMT 18:30 2011 Thursday ,11 August

1500 Qatar hajj quota this year
 
 Egypt Today Facebook,egypt today facebook  Egypt Today Twitter,egypt today twitter Egypt Today Rss,egypt today rss  Egypt Today Youtube,egypt today youtube  Egypt Today Youtube,egypt today youtube

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

egypttoday egypttoday egypttoday egypttoday
egypttoday egypttoday egypttoday
egypttoday
بناية النخيل - رأس النبع _ خلف السفارة الفرنسية _بيروت - لبنان
egypttoday, Egypttoday, Egypttoday