saracens boss backs barritt for england recall
Last Updated : GMT 09:07:40
Egypt Today, egypt today
Egypt Today, egypt today
Last Updated : GMT 09:07:40
Egypt Today, egypt today

Saracens boss backs Barritt for England recall

Egypt Today, egypt today

Egypt Today, egypt today Saracens boss backs Barritt for England recall

Scotland's Chris Cusiter (R)
London - Arab Today

Saracens director of rugby Mark McCall has said centre Brad Barritt is worthy of an England recall for next month's internationals as the tournament hosts being the countdown to next year's World Cup.
Barritt, fit following a calf injury, returned to help Saracens, last season's beaten Premiership finalists, defeat Gloucester 28-21 in an English top-flight match on Saturday.
The 28-year-old South Africa-born Barritt hasn't featured for England since coming of the bench in the victory over Scotland at Murrayfield in February, mainly as a result of injury.
But ahead England's clash with world champions New Zealand at Twickenham on November 8, McCall urged Red Rose coach Stuart Lancaster not to forget the midfielder.
"People underestimate Brad," said McCall. "They think he's a 'one-trick pony', that he can only defend. And he defended brilliantly today, but there's much more to his game and also his presence on the pitch.
"Without question, he's the most competitive person that I've come across and he leads by example.
"I would have him on my international team every day of the week and I think there are a lot of people who would agree with that."
Reigning champions Northampton were top of the Premiership table after a six-try 43-10 thrashing of Sale.
"We were pretty ruthless in attack and there were two moments of magic by Ken Pisi, to score that first try and then he caught a good kick from Stephen Myler and set-up his brother George," said Northampton director of rugby Jim Mallinder.
Meanwhile London Welsh coach Justin Burnell insisted his newly-promoted side were destined for a swift return to the second-tier after a 23-3 loss at home to fellow strugglers Newcastle left the Exiles rooted to the bottom of the table -- the lone relegation place.
London Welsh have lost all six of their Premiership matches so far this season but a defiant Burnell said: "I don't think the league was decided today, there are still 16 games to go and we've got spirit.-
"Every loss is disappointing but this was a vast improvement from us after last week's performance at the Harlequins (a 52-0 defeat)."
For Newcastle it was a second straight win after they ended a run of 20 consecutives losses with last week's victory over Exeter.
South-west side Exeter returned to winning ways themselves by seeing off London Irish 44-24 in Saturday's other Premiership match.
Source: AFP

 

egypttoday
egypttoday

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

saracens boss backs barritt for england recall saracens boss backs barritt for england recall



 
 Egypt Today Facebook,egypt today facebook  Egypt Today Twitter,egypt today twitter Egypt Today Rss,egypt today rss  Egypt Today Youtube,egypt today youtube  Egypt Today Youtube,egypt today youtube

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

egypttoday egypttoday egypttoday egypttoday
egypttoday egypttoday egypttoday
egypttoday
بناية النخيل - رأس النبع _ خلف السفارة الفرنسية _بيروت - لبنان
egypttoday, Egypttoday, Egypttoday