qpr’s ferdinand silent on terry acquittal
Last Updated : GMT 09:07:40
Egypt Today, egypt today
Egypt Today, egypt today
Last Updated : GMT 09:07:40
Egypt Today, egypt today

QPR’s Ferdinand silent on Terry acquittal

Egypt Today, egypt today

Egypt Today, egypt today QPR’s Ferdinand silent on Terry acquittal

Kota Kinabalu - AFP
Anton Ferdinand declined to comment Saturday on John Terry being cleared of racially abusing him, as the QPR defender arrived in Malaysia with his team-mates for a pre-season tour. Chelsea captain Terry was found not guilty on Friday at a court in London, in a high-profile trial that overshadowed the English Premier League and the national team for months. Ferdinand — younger brother of Terry’s former international team-mate Rio Ferdinand — and the Queens Park Rangers squad touched down in Kota Kinabalu, the capital of Sabah state, on Borneo island. Met by a throng of reporters at the airport, Ferdinand said “no comment” when asked about the not-guilty verdict. QPR chief executive Philip Beard added: “We have nothing to comment on Anton, except that he is part of the squad that is traveling with us. We shall see how things take shape over the next few days.” Ferdinand’s parents on Friday also declined to comment as they left court. The trial related to an incident involving Terry and Ferdinand during a Premier League match on Oct. 23 last year. Terry was stripped of the England captaincy in February over the allegations. As a consequence, Fabio Capello resigned as England manager, just months before England — defender Terry included — competed in the European Championships. Terry could yet face disciplinary action from England’s Football Association despite being cleared in court. The FA said it would continue its own disciplinary process, which was suspended so as not to prejudice the trial. QPR, owned by Malaysian businessman Tony Fernandes, will play a friendly against a local Sabah squad on Tuesday before heading to the Malaysian capital Kuala Lumpur to meet Super League champions Kelantan in a friendly on Friday. They will then fly to Indonesia and play against local team Persebaya Surabaya on July 23. Asked about speculation linking the London club to Liverpool’s Craig Bellamy, Beard said: “The manager has already made some signings to beef up the squad and any more signings will be up to the manager, Mark Hughes.” From arabnews
egypttoday
egypttoday

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

qpr’s ferdinand silent on terry acquittal qpr’s ferdinand silent on terry acquittal



 
 Egypt Today Facebook,egypt today facebook  Egypt Today Twitter,egypt today twitter Egypt Today Rss,egypt today rss  Egypt Today Youtube,egypt today youtube  Egypt Today Youtube,egypt today youtube

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

egypttoday egypttoday egypttoday egypttoday
egypttoday egypttoday egypttoday
egypttoday
بناية النخيل - رأس النبع _ خلف السفارة الفرنسية _بيروت - لبنان
egypttoday, Egypttoday, Egypttoday