
Rafael Nadal was all smiles Wednesday saying he felt fine as he left the Barcelona hospital where he underwent appendix surgery earlier this week.
"Everything went well. It was a simple, commonplace operation," said Nadal, who went under the knife on Monday.
"I'm doing fine," he reassured reporters
But the 14 time Grand Slam winner would only answer "when I'm better" on questions concerning a return to the court. The Mallorcan said before surgery on Monday he would need five weeks to recover.
Nadal ended his season after a quarter-final loss at the Swiss Indoors last month, missing last week's Paris Masters and the season-closing World Tour Finals starting Sunday in London.
The Spaniard hopes to be fully fit again in time for thh first of next year's four Grand Slam events - the Australian Open which starts in Melbourne in mid-January.
Source: AFP
GMT 13:38 2018 Wednesday ,12 December
WADA views International Sambo Federation as one of best in fight against doping abuseGMT 10:48 2018 Tuesday ,23 October
Dortmund face Atletico test of maturityGMT 19:21 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Brewers make offer to Japanese pitcher DarvishGMT 19:19 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Brewers make offer to Japanese pitcher DarvishGMT 12:35 2018 Friday ,19 January
Man Utd set to make Sanchez highest-paid Premier League playerGMT 12:17 2018 Thursday ,04 January
Italy's Barella extends Cagliari dealGMT 13:20 2017 Sunday ,24 December
'Tongan Bear' Uhila extends Clermont contractGMT 19:09 2017 Tuesday ,19 December
Mascherano close to China move: reportsMaintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Send your comments
Your comment as a visitor