nadal makes no excuse for monte carlo loss
Last Updated : GMT 09:07:40
Egypt Today, egypt today
Egypt Today, egypt today
Last Updated : GMT 09:07:40
Egypt Today, egypt today

Nadal makes no excuse for Monte Carlo loss

Egypt Today, egypt today

Egypt Today, egypt today Nadal makes no excuse for Monte Carlo loss

Barcelona - Arab Today
World number one Rafael Nadal on Monday refused to blame his shock defeat in the Australian Open final in January to Stanislas Wawrinka as an excuse for his loss in Monaco last week. The 27-year-old Spaniard, the top seed for this week's Barcelona Open, lost in the quarter-finals of the Monte Carlo Masters to compatriot David Ferrer. It was his earliest loss in the Principality since 2003 and came 12 months after his eight-year winning streak at the event was ended in the final by Novak Djokovic. "I cannot continue using the Australia Open final as an excuse, that is past," said Nadal, whose campaign in Barcelona begins in the second round against either Russian Nikolay Davydenko or Spaniard Albert Ramos on Wednesday. "In Monte Carlo I should have achieved more. No one can win all the time, I'm no exception. I've lost before and I'll lose again. But I'm not bitter or mad at myself." Nadal, winner of 13 Grand Slam titles, said there was no disgrace in losing to veteran Ferrer, who is ranked sixth in the world. Despite his defeat he still remains favourite to go on and win a ninth French Open title in June. "He's one of the best players in the world," said Nadal. "I didn't play a good match, he deserved to win." Nadal was joined in the second round by three compatriots, who being unseeded did not benefit from an automatic bye. Daniel Gimeno-Traver beat Roberto Carballes Baena 6-3, 7-5 while Roberto Bautista Agut crushed Pole Lukasz Kubot 6-1, 6-0. Wild card Inigo Cervantes beat Kazakh Aleksandr Nedovyesov 3-6, 6-2, 6-4. Russian Teimuraz Gabashvili beat Michal Przysiezny of Poland 6-3, 6-4 and will face second seed Ferrer, who failed to build on his win over Nadal in Monte Carlo and lost in the semi-finals to eventual champion Wawrinka. Austrian hope Dominic Thiem beat 35-year-old Czech veteran Radek Stepanek 6-4, 6-4 while Edouard Roger-Vasselin of France advanced over German Andreas Beck 6-2, 6-2. Source: AFP
egypttoday
egypttoday

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

nadal makes no excuse for monte carlo loss nadal makes no excuse for monte carlo loss



GMT 06:46 2017 Monday ,20 February

Blames government for ignoring Sisi

GMT 13:14 2017 Sunday ,24 September

Arab catwalk influence grows despite

GMT 10:04 2019 Monday ,19 August

Live a tense and noisy atmosphere

GMT 05:03 2017 Monday ,10 April

Investors flock to macro hedge funds

GMT 00:25 2017 Wednesday ,05 July

Temperature in UAE just hit 50 degrees today

GMT 12:34 2017 Sunday ,26 March

Race favorite Arrogate wins Dubai World Cup

GMT 10:53 2018 Monday ,15 January

Sevilla let Real off hook with Alaves defeat

GMT 09:21 2017 Monday ,27 November

Photographer captures human face

GMT 11:39 2012 Friday ,23 November

Indian girl shot dead by \'urinating man\'

GMT 14:01 2017 Thursday ,16 March

UK Shadow Minister Meets Qatari Ambassador
 
 Egypt Today Facebook,egypt today facebook  Egypt Today Twitter,egypt today twitter Egypt Today Rss,egypt today rss  Egypt Today Youtube,egypt today youtube  Egypt Today Youtube,egypt today youtube

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

egypttoday egypttoday egypttoday egypttoday
egypttoday egypttoday egypttoday
egypttoday
بناية النخيل - رأس النبع _ خلف السفارة الفرنسية _بيروت - لبنان
egypttoday, Egypttoday, Egypttoday