injured nadal vows only to return when fully fit
Last Updated : GMT 09:07:40
Egypt Today, egypt today
Egypt Today, egypt today
Last Updated : GMT 09:07:40
Egypt Today, egypt today

Injured Nadal vows only to return when fully fit

Egypt Today, egypt today

Egypt Today, egypt today Injured Nadal vows only to return when fully fit

Paris - AFP
Rafael Nadal said in an interview published on Tuesday that he has not picked up a racket since limping out of Wimbledon nearly three months ago and will only return to competition once he is fully fit. "I'm not in any state to go on court at the moment. I haven't touched a racket but I am working hard every day," he was quoted as saying in an interview with four European newspapers, including French sports daily L'Equipe. Nadal has been on the sidelines since his shock second-round exit at Wimbledon to unheralded Czech player Lukas Rosol in late June and has been receiving treatment for a torn tendon in his left knee. The 26-year-old, whose injury has seen him miss the London Olympics, the Masters series events at Toronto and Cincinnati as well as the US Open, said he has been swimming every day to keep in shape and is also working out in the gym. On September 5, Spanish tennis federation doctor Angel Ruiz-Cotorro ruled out surgery, raising hopes that he could make a return for Spain's Davis Cup final against the Czech Republic in November. But Nadal appeared to pour cold water on a swift return when asked about when he would be next seen on court, telling reporters: "I don't know. "The situation is very clear in my mind. I first need to look after myself completely and be back to full fitness before deciding when and where to play again. I'll only come back when I'm 100 percent. "I don't want to go back on court again with permanent doubts on my fitness." Nadal, the former world number one, has had repeated injury lay-offs in recent years because of knee trouble, which take much of the strain from his highly physical style of play. The player said he was approaching his recovery calmly but admitted there had been "difficult moments", in particular missing the Olympics and the honour of carrying Spain's flag at the opening ceremony. "I was very, very down for a couple of weeks. To miss a grand slam is hard but it doesn't come about every four years. I hope with all my heart to be at the Rio Games (in 2016). That's one of my goals," he added.
egypttoday
egypttoday

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

injured nadal vows only to return when fully fit injured nadal vows only to return when fully fit



GMT 12:10 2017 Thursday ,23 March

China-backed bank approves 13 new members

GMT 12:52 2011 Saturday ,13 August

India\'s top lender SBI profit slumps 46 percent

GMT 08:29 2017 Thursday ,20 July

Air strikes on Raqqa leave 20 civilians dead

GMT 15:20 2018 Sunday ,21 January

Anti-IS coalition civilian killings tripled in 2017

GMT 11:41 2018 Wednesday ,03 January

Calls for probe into migrant death in Spain

GMT 02:19 2012 Saturday ,20 October

Peace envoy to press for truce in Syria

GMT 17:03 2013 Tuesday ,11 June

My film will be shown in Morocco

GMT 09:24 2012 Monday ,24 September

Razan\'s much awaited comeback
 
 Egypt Today Facebook,egypt today facebook  Egypt Today Twitter,egypt today twitter Egypt Today Rss,egypt today rss  Egypt Today Youtube,egypt today youtube  Egypt Today Youtube,egypt today youtube

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

egypttoday egypttoday egypttoday egypttoday
egypttoday egypttoday egypttoday
egypttoday
بناية النخيل - رأس النبع _ خلف السفارة الفرنسية _بيروت - لبنان
egypttoday, Egypttoday, Egypttoday