
World number two Adam Scott on Monday said he will have another crack at the Australian triple crown after narrowly missing the coveted "Big Three" last year.
Scott captured the Australian PGA and Australian Masters in 2013 and was on track to claim the Australian Open and become only the second player behind Robert Allenby to win all three.
But he threw away a lead on the back nine to hand victory to Rory McIlroy, a victory that proved to be the launchpad for the Northern Irishman's return to form.
"To win a hat-trick of events is something I haven't done before and would be right up there in my career achievements," said Scott.
Scott will attempt to become the first player to win the Australian Masters three years in succession when he tees up at Melbourne's Metropolitan Golf Club from November 20-23.
Then he heads to Sydney for the Australian Open (November 27-30), aiming to make amends after his loss to world number one McIlroy, who is also confirmed for the tournament.
Scott then finishes his year at home on the Gold Coast in the Australian PGA Championship (December 11-14.)
Source: AFP
GMT 13:38 2018 Wednesday ,12 December
WADA views International Sambo Federation as one of best in fight against doping abuseGMT 10:48 2018 Tuesday ,23 October
Dortmund face Atletico test of maturityGMT 19:21 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Brewers make offer to Japanese pitcher DarvishGMT 19:19 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Brewers make offer to Japanese pitcher DarvishGMT 12:35 2018 Friday ,19 January
Man Utd set to make Sanchez highest-paid Premier League playerGMT 12:17 2018 Thursday ,04 January
Italy's Barella extends Cagliari dealGMT 13:20 2017 Sunday ,24 December
'Tongan Bear' Uhila extends Clermont contractGMT 19:09 2017 Tuesday ,19 December
Mascherano close to China move: reportsMaintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Send your comments
Your comment as a visitor