frank schleck blasts \too severe\ doping ban
Last Updated : GMT 09:07:40
Egypt Today, egypt today
Egypt Today, egypt today
Last Updated : GMT 09:07:40
Egypt Today, egypt today

Frank Schleck blasts 'too severe' doping ban

Egypt Today, egypt today

Egypt Today, egypt today Frank Schleck blasts 'too severe' doping ban

luxembourg - Arabstoday
Frank Schleck blasted his one-year doping ban as "too severe" on Wednesday after he was sanctioned for failing a drugs test on last year's Tour de France. The 32-year-old Schleck, who was third on the 2011 Tour, tested positive for the banned diuretic Xipamide. Schleck can appeal the sanction, which was back-dated to July 14, 2012, but if the punishment stands he will miss the 2013 Tour when it gets underway on the Mediterranean island of Corsica on June 29. "I am disappointed by the verdict. I think that the decision to suspend me for one year is too severe considering the fact that the council acknowledged that I unintentionally consumed a contaminated product," said Schleck. "Unfortunately the provisions of the UCI are such that an involuntary contamination is sufficient in order to pronounce a punishment". Frank Schleck, the older brother of 2010 Tour de France winner Andy Schleck, will lose all of his results from the 2012 event in which he was standing in 12th place overall when he was forced out. "The disciplinary commission of ALAD sanctioned Frank Schleck under article 21.1 of the International Cycling Union (UCI) regulations," said Luxembourg's anti-doping body (ALAD) president Robert Schuller. The Luxembourg rider was sent home by his RadioShack team after failing the drug test following the 13th stage of last year's Tour, in which he had finished in 15th place. Schleck, who has always insisted on his innocence, said at the time that he had no idea how the diuretic got into his system. Despite the ban, Schleck said the decision proved that he cannot be labelled a doper. "I am relieved that the judges acknowledged that the present is not a case of doping and that I had no intention to enhance my performance. This is very important for me, my family, for my team and all those who support me," he added. "We will now analyse the decision in detail and decide on potential further steps. However I bear a positive aspect of the decision in mind -- the judges acknowledged that I am not a cheater. "I know that I did nothing wrong." From AFP
egypttoday
egypttoday

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

frank schleck blasts \too severe\ doping ban frank schleck blasts \too severe\ doping ban



GMT 12:10 2017 Thursday ,23 March

China-backed bank approves 13 new members

GMT 12:52 2011 Saturday ,13 August

India\'s top lender SBI profit slumps 46 percent

GMT 08:29 2017 Thursday ,20 July

Air strikes on Raqqa leave 20 civilians dead

GMT 15:20 2018 Sunday ,21 January

Anti-IS coalition civilian killings tripled in 2017

GMT 11:41 2018 Wednesday ,03 January

Calls for probe into migrant death in Spain

GMT 02:19 2012 Saturday ,20 October

Peace envoy to press for truce in Syria

GMT 17:03 2013 Tuesday ,11 June

My film will be shown in Morocco

GMT 09:24 2012 Monday ,24 September

Razan\'s much awaited comeback
 
 Egypt Today Facebook,egypt today facebook  Egypt Today Twitter,egypt today twitter Egypt Today Rss,egypt today rss  Egypt Today Youtube,egypt today youtube  Egypt Today Youtube,egypt today youtube

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

egypttoday egypttoday egypttoday egypttoday
egypttoday egypttoday egypttoday
egypttoday
بناية النخيل - رأس النبع _ خلف السفارة الفرنسية _بيروت - لبنان
egypttoday, Egypttoday, Egypttoday