faulty relay device blamed for super bowl blackout
Last Updated : GMT 09:07:40
Egypt Today, egypt today
Egypt Today, egypt today
Last Updated : GMT 09:07:40
Egypt Today, egypt today

Faulty relay device blamed for Super Bowl blackout

Egypt Today, egypt today

Egypt Today, egypt today Faulty relay device blamed for Super Bowl blackout

New Orleans - Arabstoday
An electrical relay device installed at the Superdome to help prevent blackouts failed and caused the power outage that shut down the Super Bowl, the suppliers said on Friday. Lights went out in the stadium early in the third quarter of the National Football League's championship spectacle last Sunday, halting the game for 35 minutes while more than 100 million people watched on American television. After the power was restored and the lights shined once more, the Baltimore Ravens defeated the San Francisco 49ers 34-31 in Super Bowl 47, which attracted the third-largest US TV audience ever after the 2010 and 2011 Super Bowls. The device had been put in place at the stadium in the event of a cable failure between electrical switch boxes and the stadium and had worked properly at three prior American football games before the Super Bowl. Entergy New Orleans, the electricity supplier for the area, said in a statement that the relay device mistakenly caused a switch to open where the power cables from a nearby substation meet the stadium, causing the outage. The device was removed and the Superdome is back to normal, but a decision regarding replacement equipment is being evaluated, the company said. "While some further analysis remains, we believe we have identified and remedied the cause of the power outage and regret the interruption that occurred during what was a showcase event for the city and state," Entergy New Orleans president Charles Rice said. The game was meant to showcase how far New Orleans had come in rebuilding since Hurriance Katrina devastated the region in 2005, but instead the blackout in the first Super Bowl in the city since the storm struck left many in New Orleans fearful it might harm the chances of the big game ever returning. NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said that despite the first interruption of a Super Bowl contest, New Orleans would remain in the league's plans as a potential future Super Bowl host. City officials say they plan to bid for the 2018 Super Bowl. From: AFP
egypttoday
egypttoday

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

faulty relay device blamed for super bowl blackout faulty relay device blamed for super bowl blackout



GMT 12:10 2017 Thursday ,23 March

China-backed bank approves 13 new members

GMT 12:52 2011 Saturday ,13 August

India\'s top lender SBI profit slumps 46 percent

GMT 08:29 2017 Thursday ,20 July

Air strikes on Raqqa leave 20 civilians dead

GMT 15:20 2018 Sunday ,21 January

Anti-IS coalition civilian killings tripled in 2017

GMT 11:41 2018 Wednesday ,03 January

Calls for probe into migrant death in Spain

GMT 02:19 2012 Saturday ,20 October

Peace envoy to press for truce in Syria

GMT 17:03 2013 Tuesday ,11 June

My film will be shown in Morocco

GMT 09:24 2012 Monday ,24 September

Razan\'s much awaited comeback
 
 Egypt Today Facebook,egypt today facebook  Egypt Today Twitter,egypt today twitter Egypt Today Rss,egypt today rss  Egypt Today Youtube,egypt today youtube  Egypt Today Youtube,egypt today youtube

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

egypttoday egypttoday egypttoday egypttoday
egypttoday egypttoday egypttoday
egypttoday
بناية النخيل - رأس النبع _ خلف السفارة الفرنسية _بيروت - لبنان
egypttoday, Egypttoday, Egypttoday