excommissioner tagliabue vacates suspensions
Last Updated : GMT 09:07:40
Egypt Today, egypt today
Egypt Today, egypt today
Last Updated : GMT 09:07:40
Egypt Today, egypt today

Ex-commissioner Tagliabue vacates suspensions

Egypt Today, egypt today

Egypt Today, egypt today Ex-commissioner Tagliabue vacates suspensions

New York - AFP
Former commissioner Paul Tagliabue overturned the suspensions Tuesday of four National Football League players involved in a bounty scheme scandal. Jonathan Vilma, Anthony Hargrove, Will Smith and Scott Fujita were all suspended by current commissioner Roger Goodell seven months ago for their roles in the bounty programme that saw players given financial rewards for injuring opponents from 2009-2011. Vilma had been suspended for the entire 2012 season, while Hargrove was originally given an eight-game penalty. Smith was banned for four games and Fujita was slapped with a three-game suspension. Each of the four players were permitted to play regular season games while the appeals process was underway. Tagliabue affirmed the league's findings in the investigation, the results of which were first released in March. But he also ruled that the Saints' organization deserved more of the blame than the the players. "Unlike (the) Saints' broad organizational misconduct, player appeals involve sharply focused issues of alleged individual player misconduct in several different aspects," Tagliabue said. "My affirmation of commissioner Goodell's findings could certainly justify the issuance of fines. However, this entire case has been contaminated by the coaches and others in the Saints' organization." The NFL said it "respected" Tagliabue's ruling and that a strong message had been sent. "We respect Mr Tagliabue's decision, which underscores the due process afforded players in NFL disciplinary matters," the NFL said in a statement. "The decisions have made clear that the Saints operated a bounty program in violation of league rules for three years, that the program endangered player safety, and that the commissioner has the authority under the CBA to impose discipline for those actions as conduct detrimental to the league." Tagliabue interviewed the four players, as well as other witnesses, including members of the Saints' staff at the time. Saints head coach Sean Payton was slapped with a season-long ban and then-defensive coordinator Gregg Williams was suspended indefinitely for his part in the programme. Saints general manager Mickey Loomis was suspended without pay for the first eight 2012 games and Saints assistant head coach Joe Vitt was suspended without pay for the first six games. Vitt was named the Saints' interim head coach in Payton's absence for the 2012 season. The Saints were also fined $500,000 and forfeited second-round draft picks in 2012 and 2013.
egypttoday
egypttoday

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

excommissioner tagliabue vacates suspensions excommissioner tagliabue vacates suspensions



GMT 16:18 2014 Tuesday ,11 February

\'Downton Abbey\' moving on without Dan Stevens

GMT 15:44 2012 Saturday ,14 April

Citroën Numéro 9 at Beijing motor show

GMT 11:04 2013 Saturday ,05 October

Eppridge captured Kennedy\'s assassination in 1966

GMT 22:44 2011 Wednesday ,23 February

Clashes in Greece at anti-austerity demo

GMT 00:18 2017 Wednesday ,05 July

Germany backs UAE's stand on Qatar

GMT 06:05 2012 Monday ,25 June

Ayoon Wa Azan (Pity My Homeland)

GMT 01:00 2012 Friday ,20 July

New Audi Q3 model

GMT 23:25 2014 Friday ,18 July

3 children martyred in Israeli attack on Gaza

GMT 20:42 2016 Friday ,25 March

Turkish Premier to Visit Jordan Saturday

GMT 23:11 2013 Tuesday ,06 August

5.1 magnitude earthquake hits Mexico

GMT 12:25 2015 Friday ,05 June

Naimi: OPEC keeps same oil output ceiling

GMT 14:34 2017 Tuesday ,07 November

Yemen rebels threaten Saudi, UAE ports and airports
 
 Egypt Today Facebook,egypt today facebook  Egypt Today Twitter,egypt today twitter Egypt Today Rss,egypt today rss  Egypt Today Youtube,egypt today youtube  Egypt Today Youtube,egypt today youtube

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

egypttoday egypttoday egypttoday egypttoday
egypttoday egypttoday egypttoday
egypttoday
بناية النخيل - رأس النبع _ خلف السفارة الفرنسية _بيروت - لبنان
egypttoday, Egypttoday, Egypttoday