deccan chargers ejected from ipl
Last Updated : GMT 09:07:40
Egypt Today, egypt today
Egypt Today, egypt today
Last Updated : GMT 09:07:40
Egypt Today, egypt today

Deccan Chargers ejected from IPL

Egypt Today, egypt today

Egypt Today, egypt today Deccan Chargers ejected from IPL

New Delhi - AFP
Indian Premier League side Deccan Chargers has been expelled from the tournament, the cricket board said yesterday, despite a last-ditch effort by the team owners to pull it back from the brink. The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) said the termination of the franchise stands after Deccan Chronicle Holdings, owners of the team, failed to meet a Friday deadline to submit $19 million as guarantee money. The BCCI now is free to decide whether to float a new tender to replace the IPL franchise belonging to the financially strapped Deccan Chronicle, a media company, unless the team’s owners opt to take the case to a higher court. The BCCI, which owns the popular IPL tournament, had terminated the Chargers last month over a series of violations including non-payment of player’s fees, but the decision was challenged by the team owners in the Bombay High Court. The court appointed an arbitrator to hear the dispute and also asked the owners to pay up the guarantee money as a pre-condition of remaining in the tournament. The Deccan Chronicle, which bought the team for $107 million before the inaugural IPL in 2008, announced Friday it had agreed to sell the franchise to a Mumbai-based real estate company. The owners did not reveal how much the deal was worth but local media reports put the figure at around $190 million. But the Deccan Chronicle still failed to pay the guarantee money by the stipulated time and the court refused to extend the payment deadline. The franchise again approached the arbitrator who passed a “status quo order” late on Friday. The BCCI appealed the arbitrator’s order yesterday and the court ruled in favor of the BCCI. “The Honourable High Court was pleased to stay the order of the arbitrator after hearing both the parties. Thus, the termination of DC (Deccan Chargers) franchise stands,” BCCI secretary Sanjay Jagdale said in a statement. Among the leading players signed up by the franchise are Kumar Sangakkara of Sri Lanka, South African fast bowler Dale Steyn and Australian batsman Cameron White.
egypttoday
egypttoday

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

deccan chargers ejected from ipl deccan chargers ejected from ipl



GMT 12:10 2017 Thursday ,23 March

China-backed bank approves 13 new members

GMT 12:52 2011 Saturday ,13 August

India\'s top lender SBI profit slumps 46 percent

GMT 08:29 2017 Thursday ,20 July

Air strikes on Raqqa leave 20 civilians dead

GMT 15:20 2018 Sunday ,21 January

Anti-IS coalition civilian killings tripled in 2017

GMT 11:41 2018 Wednesday ,03 January

Calls for probe into migrant death in Spain

GMT 02:19 2012 Saturday ,20 October

Peace envoy to press for truce in Syria

GMT 17:03 2013 Tuesday ,11 June

My film will be shown in Morocco

GMT 09:24 2012 Monday ,24 September

Razan\'s much awaited comeback
 
 Egypt Today Facebook,egypt today facebook  Egypt Today Twitter,egypt today twitter Egypt Today Rss,egypt today rss  Egypt Today Youtube,egypt today youtube  Egypt Today Youtube,egypt today youtube

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

egypttoday egypttoday egypttoday egypttoday
egypttoday egypttoday egypttoday
egypttoday
بناية النخيل - رأس النبع _ خلف السفارة الفرنسية _بيروت - لبنان
egypttoday, Egypttoday, Egypttoday