all blacks\ hore gets fiveweek punching ban
Last Updated : GMT 09:07:40
Egypt Today, egypt today
Egypt Today, egypt today
Last Updated : GMT 09:07:40
Egypt Today, egypt today

All Blacks' Hore gets five-week punching ban

Egypt Today, egypt today

Egypt Today, egypt today All Blacks' Hore gets five-week punching ban

London - AFP
New Zealand hooker Andrew Hore is set to miss Saturday's international against England at Twickenham after receiving a five-week ban Wednesday for striking Wales lock Bradley Davies. Hore's suspension will run until February 24 next year to ensure he misses three pre-season Super Rugby warm-up matches for the Highlanders. Davies was taken to hospital after he was hit from behind by Hore inside the opening minute of world champions New Zealand's 33-10 win over Wales at the Millennium Stadium last Saturday. International Rugby Board (IRB) judicial officer Professor Lorne Crerar of Scotland, ruled Hore's swinging arm was "inherently dangerous" but accepted the All Blacks' hooker had not "intended" to make contact with Davies's head. Crerar was initially minded to give Hore an eight-week ban for a 'top-end' offence of this type, but reduced the suspension to five weeks when taking into account such mitigating factors as the New Zealander's daily contact with Davies since the incident. Given Hore is about to enter the close season, Crerar considered when the ban should end. A statement issued by the Six Nations Committee, which oversees disciplinary matters for the IRB during the European autumn series, said Crerar had received "unreserved assurances" from All Blacks assistant coach Ian Foster, Hore and his legal representatives that missing three pre-season matches would have "significant and meaningful consequences" for the player. With veteran hooker Keven Mealamu currently struggling with a calf injury, New Zealand coach Steve Hansen may have to give Dane Coles a first Test start when he names his team to play England on Thursday. Hore's hit, not seen by South African referee Craig Joubert or his touch judges, left Davies with concussion that has ruled the Wales second row out of their European autumn series finale against Australia this weekend. Wales assistant coach Rob Howley labelled the punch an "absolute disgrace," with the former Test scrum-half insisting: "What Hore did has got no place on a rugby field as far as I am concerned." Even the New Zealand rugby media, who along with the All Blacks themselves have long believed the side is often harshly treated by European disciplinary tribunals, wasted little time in condemning Hore's action. Veteran rugby commentator Keith Quinn told Radio New Zealand listeners Hore had been guilty of a "boneheaded act" while the New Zealand Herald's Gregor Paul said: "Andrew Hore's act of stupidity will have confirmed in every Northern Hemisphere mind the long-held notion of the All Blacks as perennial thugs." New Zealand will arrive at Twickenham on a 20-match unbeaten run, having won their last nine Tests against England.
egypttoday
egypttoday

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

all blacks\ hore gets fiveweek punching ban all blacks\ hore gets fiveweek punching ban



GMT 16:18 2014 Tuesday ,11 February

\'Downton Abbey\' moving on without Dan Stevens

GMT 15:44 2012 Saturday ,14 April

Citroën Numéro 9 at Beijing motor show

GMT 11:04 2013 Saturday ,05 October

Eppridge captured Kennedy\'s assassination in 1966

GMT 22:44 2011 Wednesday ,23 February

Clashes in Greece at anti-austerity demo

GMT 00:18 2017 Wednesday ,05 July

Germany backs UAE's stand on Qatar

GMT 06:05 2012 Monday ,25 June

Ayoon Wa Azan (Pity My Homeland)

GMT 01:00 2012 Friday ,20 July

New Audi Q3 model

GMT 23:25 2014 Friday ,18 July

3 children martyred in Israeli attack on Gaza

GMT 20:42 2016 Friday ,25 March

Turkish Premier to Visit Jordan Saturday

GMT 23:11 2013 Tuesday ,06 August

5.1 magnitude earthquake hits Mexico

GMT 12:25 2015 Friday ,05 June

Naimi: OPEC keeps same oil output ceiling

GMT 14:34 2017 Tuesday ,07 November

Yemen rebels threaten Saudi, UAE ports and airports
 
 Egypt Today Facebook,egypt today facebook  Egypt Today Twitter,egypt today twitter Egypt Today Rss,egypt today rss  Egypt Today Youtube,egypt today youtube  Egypt Today Youtube,egypt today youtube

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

egypttoday egypttoday egypttoday egypttoday
egypttoday egypttoday egypttoday
egypttoday
بناية النخيل - رأس النبع _ خلف السفارة الفرنسية _بيروت - لبنان
egypttoday, Egypttoday, Egypttoday