im no neymar insists barcelona new boy dembele
Last Updated : GMT 09:07:40
Egypt Today, egypt today
Egypt Today, egypt today
Last Updated : GMT 09:07:40
Egypt Today, egypt today

In history as he was presented by Barcelona

I'm no Neymar, insists Barcelona new boy Dembele

Egypt Today, egypt today

Egypt Today, egypt today I'm no Neymar, insists Barcelona new boy Dembele

French wonderkid Ousmane Dembele
Barcelona - Egypt Today

French wonderkid Ousmane Dembele shrugged off comparisons with Neymar and insisted he still has much to learn, despite becoming the second most expensive player in history as he was presented by Barcelona on Monday.
The 20-year-old's 105 million-euro ($125 million) transfer from Borussia Dortmund could rise to 145 million with add-ons depending on his performance, as Barca splashed out to fill the gap left by Neymar's own world record 222 million-euro move to Paris Saint-Germain.
"I'm not here to replace Neymar," said the Frenchman.
"I will try to make good progress. I am only 20 years old and have a lot to learn. That's why I came to this big club."
Dembele will form a fearsome forward line alongside five-time World Player of the Year Lionel Messi and Luis Suarez as Barca aim to wrestle the Champions League and La Liga titles back from rivals Real Madrid.
And Dembele expects to learn firsthand from Messi, who he described as the best player in history.
"It's an honour to be a part of Lionel Messi's team," added Dembele.
"He's a great player, the best player in the world, the best in the history of football and I am very happy to play in his team.
"I will learn, watch how he plays, and how he is on and off the field."
Dembele's Barca career got off to an inauspicious start as his presentation in front of 18,000 waiting fans at the Camp Nou was delayed for nearly two hours due to a paperwork issue in releasing his registration from Dortmund.
With the supporters' patience tested there were whistles during the delay and chants for Barca president Josep Maria Bartomeu to resign.
Barca's board has been under huge pressure due to the club's fading fortunes on the field and being caught cold by Neymar's decision to leave.
The attendance was also well down on the 50,000 fans that welcomed Neymar on his presentation four years ago.
"With a player like Ousmane we have a competitive team that can aim, like every year, for the greatest success," said Bartomeu.
Dembele finally emerged in Barca's famous red and blue strip, sporting the number 11 jersey vacated by Neymar.
However, he will have to wait until at least September 9 to make his debut when Barca host Espanyol in a Catalan derby.
Dembele announced himself as one of Europe's top prospects with a stellar season at Dortmund, scoring 10 goals, after joining from Rennes for just 15 million euros a year ago.
However, he had been suspended by Dortmund since he boycotted training on August 10 in protest after the German club rejected Barca's first bid.
Dembele becomes Barca's fifth signing of the summer after Marlon Santos, Gerard Deulofeu, Nelson Semedo and Paulinho.
And the Catalan giants intend on completing at least one more deal before the transfer window closes on Friday with Liverpool's Philippe Coutinho top of their wish list.
Coutinho, 25, hasn't played for Liverpool since submitting a transfer request to try and force through a move earlier this month.
"My intention is that another player will come, if possible two," said Barca sporting director Robert Fernandez.

egypttoday
egypttoday

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

im no neymar insists barcelona new boy dembele im no neymar insists barcelona new boy dembele



GMT 11:03 2017 Sunday ,13 August

Morabit calls on HM to approve reforms

GMT 13:33 2018 Thursday ,11 January

China factory gate inflation slows to 13-month low

GMT 00:07 2013 Wednesday ,24 July

Festival de la chanson chaâbi : de jeunes talents

GMT 18:43 2015 Saturday ,09 May

Helicopter lost control moments before landing

GMT 19:58 2017 Friday ,28 April

Trump May Delay Border Wall to Get Budget Deal

GMT 09:41 2017 Tuesday ,21 November

Kedwani underlines parliament’s role

GMT 02:29 2017 Sunday ,09 April

UAE movie fans are quick on the download button

GMT 16:15 2018 Sunday ,04 November

Katy Perry covers ‘Dear Evan Hansen’ song

GMT 02:15 2011 Saturday ,29 October

Forecast: \'Unprecedented\' winter storm due

GMT 10:03 2018 Thursday ,20 September

Russian cabinet to consider 2019-2021 draft budget

GMT 07:14 2011 Sunday ,03 July

Railway project goes full steam ahead

GMT 10:21 2012 Tuesday ,06 March

Ahly suffers spate of UAE camp injuries

GMT 04:45 2013 Thursday ,05 September

The end of oil

GMT 13:32 2017 Sunday ,15 January

South Korea prosecutors to decide Monday

GMT 13:34 2011 Tuesday ,12 July

Jordan-Romania ecology initiative launched

GMT 00:56 2013 Tuesday ,26 February

Secret space is where BlackBerry smartphones are born

GMT 12:19 2011 Monday ,18 July

Japan beat usa on penalties to win world cup

GMT 18:30 2011 Thursday ,11 August

1500 Qatar hajj quota this year
 
 Egypt Today Facebook,egypt today facebook  Egypt Today Twitter,egypt today twitter Egypt Today Rss,egypt today rss  Egypt Today Youtube,egypt today youtube  Egypt Today Youtube,egypt today youtube

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

egypttoday egypttoday egypttoday egypttoday
egypttoday egypttoday egypttoday
egypttoday
بناية النخيل - رأس النبع _ خلف السفارة الفرنسية _بيروت - لبنان
egypttoday, Egypttoday, Egypttoday